I was driven and inspired to serve people with eating disorders and women’s issues before I walked through the doors of any type of schooling or training. My passion for this work started in my teenage years when I was growing up in South Jersey. I was drawn by friends and family who were kind, generous, and incredibly talented, yet for reasons unknown to themselves and the people around them, they struggled with constant critical self-talk, severe anxiety, and difficulty feeling heard and understood.
After hearing their stories and having faced similar challenges being a woman in today’s world, it became my mission to understand people who had difficulty coping and loving themselves and provide them the support and skills needed to live a happier life. I couldn’t help but be inspired to help such incredible people find solutions and overcome emotional barriers. My experience working with and witnessing my clients achieve recovery has been some of the most rewarding moments of mine and my client’s lives. It is a core belief of mine that you deserve and are capable of recovery, and I can help get you there.
In order to help the people that inspired me, I became a Psychotherapist and Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I worked for years at The Renfrew Center, the nation’s first residential eating disorder facility, as a Primary Therapist on the Adolescent Team and the Drug and Alcohol Coordinator. I also worked at Princeton House Women’s Programs as a Senior Primary Therapist where I treated individuals in the Emotional Eating Track and other mental health programs. Both experiences allowed me to help those struggling with eating disorders and co-occurring issues and to have compassion for the underlying issues that eating disorders and other behaviors so often mask.
I would love to help you!
Sarah Goldberg Ellis
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, New Jersey, License Number 44SC05598400
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Pennsylvania, License Number CW018430
- Master of Social Service, Clinical Social Work, Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work & Social Research
- Bachelor of Arts, Dual Majors in Psychology and Media & Communication, Phi Beta Kappa & Magna Cum Laude, Muhlenberg College
- Guest speaker on “Mental Health Matters” Hunterdon Chamber Radio Program, Discussion of Emotional Eating Program at Princeton Healthcare, March 2016
- Created and delivered with colleagues an in-service training titled: Integrating DBT in the treatment of Emotional Eating, January 2016
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Training, July and August 2015
- New Jersey Chapter- NASW Clinical Supervision Course April 2015
- Attended Renfrew Center Foundation Conference in 2012, 2013, and 2016
- Clinical Certificate Program in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy in May 2012
- Professional Development Seminar on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 2012
- Senior Year Honors Thesis (Muhlenberg College)- developed an original thesis relating to identity development, self-esteem, and disordered eating among women